Monday, October 8, 2012

Bonjour, Paris!

My first ever Eiffel Tower picture!!


The Arc de Triomphe!


inside the Louvre!


The Louvre!!

gorgeous room inside the Louvre with elaborate decorations!

I just had to do the typical tourist photo!! 


Famous statue of Athena!!

I've seen this exact sculpture way too many times on powerpoints in class! Augustus!! 


Artemis!! I was absolutely LOVING all the ancient Greek and Roman sculptures!


YAY Eiffel Tower!!


Authentic french onion soup!! Definitely better in Paris!!

THE MONA LISA!!! I still can't believe I saw it IN PERSON! 

BEST CHOCOLAT CHAUD (hot chocolate) EVERRRRRRR!

perfection. 
The front two towers of the Notre Dame

Inside the Notre Dame, prayers to The Virgin Mary. 

This picture does absolutely no justice to how amazing and breathtaking the Notre Dame  was. I could really feel the presence of God there, which was amazing. My favorite part was all the beautiful statues of saints throughout the cathedral. My favorite one was Saint Anthony. When I was younger and I lost something, my Mom would always pray to Saint Anthony with me, "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, something's lost and can't be found. Please look around." I'll always remember that, and every time something is lost I still say that prayer!!
ACrucifix at the Notre Dame.

Le Moulin Rouge!! For anyone that doesn't know, The Moulin Rouge was a Cabaret where many prostitutes used to come to market themselves to the rich men who attended!  


THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT. Imagine this for about 10 blocks! Probably 50 to 100 shops like this! 


How adorable is this PINK restaurant!! 

Such a cute restaurant!! Absolutely precious. 

Macaroons were EVERYWHERE! I didn't sample any, though I was tempted!!

La Basilique de Sacre Coeur de Montmarte (Sacred Heart Cathedral) It was absolutely beautiful!!


View from the Sacre Coeur! You could see the ENTIRE city! Amazing!


So amazing and beautiful. 

Most iconic restaurant in Paris! Apparently you can't get in unless you're "in," and it's where all the world's celebrities eat when they're in Paris!

Arc de Triomphe

Part of the ENORMOUS Louvre

More of the Louvre

Cool building, I have no clue what it was! 

The oldest bridge in Paris!

This literally took my breathe away when I saw it for the first time. I still can't believe I really saw it!!


WE FOUND A CHEESE SHOP. I was pretty excited!

Very excited to eat my HUGE banana and Nutella crepe!! It definitely exceeded my expectations! It was like a giant Nutella and banana burrito! 
It's almost gone! 

Outside the Notre Dame

Amazing view of Paris. I'll never, ever forget it!


My first sip of the world famous hot chocolate from cafe Angelina. 
After the first sip...I'm in HEAVEN!

Cafe Indiana? 



Fun Eiffel Tower pic!

Yes, it was raining and it rained ALL day and ALL night. But, we made the most of it and still had an amazing time! 

Bennett and I in front of the Moulin Rouge!

Cute cobblestone street on Montmarte


Bennett and I at the Louvre! 
View from inside the Louvre pyramid!
Sunset on the ferry across the English Channel. Back home to London. Au Revoir Paris, until we meet again :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment